Call for Entries
The Academy Center of the Arts 2021 National Juried Art Exhibition applications are now available!
- Open to U.S. residents, 18 years or older, working in the following disciplines; painting, sculpture, drawing, printmaking, ﬁber, glass, ceramics, wood, metal, and mixed media. We are not accepting photography at this time.
- All submitted works must be original (no reproductions), not done under supervision, and not made from kits or patterns.
- All work must be suitably prepared for installation.
- The curator reserves the right to deny entry if any work is deemed not suitable for display or too difficult to install.
- Entries must have been completed after January 1, 2016, and not previously exhibited in a Lynchburg juried art show.
The National Juried Art Exhibition is Sponsored By:
2021 JUROR – Joseph J. Krakora
Joseph J. Krakora, formerly the Executive Officer for External and International Affairs at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC for nearly three decades.
Prior to the National Gallery, Mr. Krakora was the Associate Director of Development at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Executive Vice President of The City Center Joffrey Ballet, Director, Dance Program of The National Endowment for the Arts, Executive Vice President and Director of New Programs and Media Production at The Eugene O’Neill Theatre Center, General Director of The Chicago City Ballet, and Special Advisor to the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities, The White House. He has also written, produced, and directed several award-winning films.
In 2018, Krakora moved to Lynchburg, Virginia with his wife Ellen Bryant and their toy poodle Gesso.
The Entry Deadline for 2021 National Juried Art has been extended from 2/12 to 2/14. To enter see below.
Entry Deadline: February 14, 2021
For questions contact Director of Visual Arts, Ted Batt | [email protected] or (434) 528-3256 x 127
Show Exhibition April 2 – May 1, 2021 | Lynchburg, Virginia
Fill out the entry form online or mail-in a printed copy.
Entry fees are used to offset necessary expenses involved in making the show possible. A non-refundable fee of $35 entitles each artist to submit up to three entries. Make check payable to the Academy Center of the Arts or pay online by contacting [email protected]