ACOA Performance Partner
The Academy Center of the Arts’ Performance Certification program certifies local performance-based companies to operate production and facilities equipment in our venues, which allows companies the ability to self-manage productions while on our campus. ACOA Performance Certifications are offered yearly and allow for discounts for the Warehouse Theatre and for the Historic Theatre venues.
The ACOA Performance Certification Program includes:
- Performance discounts
- Facilities Access
- Detailed Facilities Training and accompanying documentation
- Detailed Production Training and accompanying documentation
- Limited training in the Historic Academy Theatre to allow for future discounts
ACOA Certified Performance Partner Discounts
The ACOA Performance Certification program is available to dance companies, theatre companies, and concert producing organizations.
The Academy Center of the Arts charges a discounted base rate of $200 per rental day for load-in and rehearsals. Each performance is charged a base rate of $200 plus 10% of ticket sales. This includes theatrical and dance performances.
First-time ACOA Performance Certifications are offered on an invitation basis, or by completing a total of 100 volunteer hours per company and are scheduled by appointment through the production department.
The cost to participate in the ACOA Performance Certification Program is outlined below.
ACOA Performance Certification Cost:
- $500 first time fee
- Includes training for each member of the organization including a sound engineer, lighting technician, stage manager, director, stagehands, house manager, and any other staff necessary to manage each performance
- $250 yearly certification renewal
- Includes a renewal training at the beginning of each year for each performance company including a sound engineer, lighting technician, stage manager, director, stagehands, house manager, and any other staff necessary to manage each performance
- $50 supplemental training fee per person
- Training support offered on a per person basis for each performance company that brings new staff members mid-year before the yearly renewal training
Performance Partner Types
Are you a local dance organization that is looking to utilize our state of the art facilities? Our Performance Partner program gives you the freedom to rehearse and perform in our spaces with your own team! Click here for more details on how this program can make your next recital even more affordable at ACOA.
Concert Producing Organzations
Our Performance Partner Program is intended to work with concert producers to manage their own show using their own team. ACOA will give you the resources to enable you to work independently in the space, keeping your overhead down and making your concert more profitable for your organization.
The Performance Partner program enables theatre companies to load-in with the help of ACOA production support, and trains you to run your show on your own, giving you freedom and flexibility in your tech weeks. ACOA runs ticketing and FOH, enabling you to focus on your performances without worrying about recruiting volunteers and managing the box office.
If you’re ready to get started, contact us using the information below.