ACADEMY CENTER OF THE ARTS TAKES PRECAUTIONS AGAINST COVID-19
(Lynchburg, VA) At the Academy Center of the Arts, the health and safety of our patrons, staff, performers, and volunteers is our priority. Our staff and leadership is closely monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) and its potential impact on our community, and is following the guidelines and recommendations from local authorities and the Virginia Department of Health.
Based on current recommendations, The Academy is continuing to offer performances and classes on our regular schedule. While we do so, we wanted to inform the community of the additional measures that we are taking for your safety.
- Allocation of additional staff time and resources committed to ensuring our facilities are routinely disinfected
- Addition of hand sanitizing stations in classrooms, performance spaces, entrances, concessions areas, restrooms, and building exits
- Addition of Nanoseptic Self-Cleaning surfaces on key touchpoints on campus
- Increased sanitization measures by facilities and concessions staff before, during, and after performances and classes
- In the event that a patron, student, volunteer, or staff member is presenting signs of illness on-site, they will be asked to politely leave the facility
The Academy has instructed our staff and volunteers, and are asking our patrons to follow guidelines set by the CDC:
- Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- When possible, practice social distancing and avoid handshakes
- Sneeze and/or cough into your sleeve or tissues
- Remain at home if you are showing signs of illness
For those that are sick or presenting signs of illness, the Academy has modified our refund policies during this time and will provide ticket or tuition refunds in the form of future credit for Academy presented performances, events, and/or classes. Please call our Box Office at (434) 846-8499 for more information, and we will be happy to assist you.
For events presented by our resident or community organizations at our venues, refund and/or exchange policies will be determined by those presenting organizations. For more information, contact the presenting organization directly or call our Box Office at (434) 846-8499.
In the event that a performance, event, or class is canceled, purchasers will be informed via email and/or phone call by Academy staff. We suggest that all patrons login to their account online and confirm their most up to date email address and phone number. The Academy will also post notifications on the event pages of the website, on our Facebook page, and update the voice recording in the Box Office when necessary.
For additional questions, please contact our Box Office at (434) 846-8499.