The 434 Drumline is a youth-based performance ensemble hosted by the Academy Center of the Arts in Lynchburg, VA. In this camp students aged rising 9th grade through college. will join from all across the greater Lynchburg area to prepare and perform a marching percussion style performance in a theater venue. 434 Drumline we will rehearse to perform various drumline warm-ups, section features, and a short marching routine with commentary in between. At least one year of Marching Band experience is preferred as there is a lot of choreography and maneuvering involved in this production.
Supplies Needed :
- Marching drum, drum stand, and harness
- Marching percussion sticks/mallets
- Knee Pads
- Water bottle
Important Dates :
- Auditions will be hosted on May 22nd in the Academy Warehouse Theatre from 6pm – 9pm (signup will begin at 5:30) and at Jefferson Forest Auditorium on May 23rd (JF students only)
- Additional Rehearsals prior to camp: Tuesday May 30, June 6, June 13- all 6pm to 9pm
- Camp Dates: June 19 -23, 8:30-4:30
- Performances :Saturday June 17th at Hillcats Stadium, June 23 at 7pm at Academy Warehouse
Instructor: Guy Mavinga
Guy Mavinga is a highly active percussion educator who has taught and written for many performing ensembles in the Lynchburg area. In the early stages of his career, Guy spent his time rehearsing with the Heritage High School marching band as well as the Liberty University marching band and indoor drumline as both a snare and quad player. Since then, he has marched for several world class DCI and WGI organizations and has taught and arranged for schools like Heritage High School, Brookville High School and Liberty University. Guy currently works as the Box Office Administrator at the Academy Center of the Arts and as a Battery Coordinator and Music Designer for Jefferson Forest High School.
Payment plans and Education Access Program discounts are available! Contact Kelli Johnson at [email protected] or (434) 528-3256 x304 for payment plan options. Education Access Program discounts can be found here: https://academycenter.org/education-access-program .
with Education Access Program Discounts Underwritten by