Your instructor will take you step by step on an easy-to-learn painting experience. Learn how to paint a beautiful birdhouse! Supplies will be provided.
Suitable for beginner and advanced painters alike! No painting experience required.
After signing up, students will receive a Zoom link to participate in the live class.
Gather the following materials at home:
– Bowl of water
– Paper towels
– Painting shirt/apron
– Paper plate/palette paper for mixing paints
– Flat surface to paint on
Each provided art supply bag will have the following:
– Yellow, blue, red, aqua, white, & black paint
– 9×12 Canvas
– Brush set
– Printed copy of example painting
– Birdhouse cut-out to trace
SUPPLY PICK UP INFO:
Curbside pick up for your art supply bag & wine bottle will be at the Academy Warehouse Theatre entrance, 519 Commerce St., Lynchburg, VA. See here for directions.
- Pick up time is Friday, April 30, 4:30 – 6:00pm.
- Please pull up to the Warehouse Entrance – stay in your car – and an Academy staff member will bring your bag out to you.
- After registering for the class, a phone number will be provided for patrons to call during pick up to notify Academy staff of your arrival.
Below is a photo of the entrance to the building:
Instructor: Adara Wright
Adara has been drawing and painting ever since she could hold a pencil. When her drawings of people changed from sticks and circles to more anatomically correct figures at age six, she immediately knew art was an innate part of her soul. She drew on everything, from math homework to paper cups and napkins at restaurants.
Adara has completed both her undergraduate (B.S.) and graduate studies (M.F.A.) in Studio and Digital Arts, focusing on studio media as well as graphic design. Currently, when she’s not taking ballet classes or reading long novels, Adara teaches higher-education drawing online and works as the Academy’s Coordinator of Curriculum Development, helping plan and coordinate education and outreach programming.
Her passion is to use portraiture and mixed media paired with graphic design to tell stories through human emotion and experiences. Her desire is to use art to give others hope and joy.
Supported by the BWXT Access Program
with Education Access Program Discounts Underwritten by