In this fun online workshop, learn how to create mesmerizing paint designs using the acrylic pouring technique. Create vibrant, abstract masterpieces on canvas with multiple colors and random patterns. You will finish the workshop with a gorgeous new painting for your home!
Suitable for beginner and advanced painters alike! No painting experience required.
After signing up, students will receive a Zoom link to participate in the live class.
Gather the following materials at home:
– Paper towels
– Painting shirt/apron
– 5-8 small plastic cups (you can always wash out the cups and re-use them for different colors)
– Elmer’s all purpose school glue
– Flat surface to paint on
– Plastic table cloth/wax paper/something to cover your surface to catch the paint
– 4 push pins
– Optional: plastic disposable gloves
– Optional: spray bottle with rubbing alcohol (creates a fun additional texture to your masterpiece!)
Each provided art supply bag will have the following:
– White paint
– Black paint
– Yellow paint
– Blue paint
– Red paint
– Green paint
– Popsicle sticks for mixing paint
SUPPLY PICK UP INFO:
Curbside pick up for your art supply bag will be at the Academy Warehouse Theatre entrance, 519 Commerce St., Lynchburg, VA. See here for directions.
- Pick up time is Friday, June 12, 4:30 – 6:00pm.
- Please pull up to the Warehouse Entrance – stay in your car – and an Academy staff member will bring your bag out to you.
- After registering for the class, a phone number will be provided for patrons to call during pick up to notify Academy staff of your arrival.
Below is a photo of the entrance to the building:
Instructor: Adara Wright
Adara has been drawing and painting ever since she could hold a pencil. When her drawings of people changed from sticks and circles to more anatomically correct figures at age six, she immediately knew art was an innate part of her soul. She drew on everything, from math homework to paper cups and napkins at restaurants.
Adara has completed both her undergraduate (B.S.) and graduate studies (M.F.A.) in Studio and Digital Arts, focusing on studio media as well as graphic design. Currently, when she’s not taking ballet classes or reading long novels, Adara teaches higher-education drawing online and works as the Academy’s Coordinator of Curriculum Development, helping plan and coordinate education and outreach programming.
Her passion is to use portraiture and mixed media paired with graphic design to tell stories through human emotion and experiences. Her desire is to use art to give others hope and joy.
Private Virtual Parties
Interested in hosting a private virtual paint party? Gather your friends and set up your own private virtual party with us! For private paint party rentals, see more info here.