Come join Robin Wellner in this advanced workshop for two days of palette knife painting the beautiful scenery around Lynchburg with a palette knife. Your paintings will be looser, bolder, and simpler — full of texture. We’ll talk about composition, values, and color — and of course using the knife. We’ll start with a demo, then lots of hands-on attention while you paint. In case of rain, bring some of your favorite landscape photos.
SENIOR DISCOUNTS (ages 62+) Enter your DOB and apply the coupon code ‘SENIOR’ for a $25 discount off any class over $75.
Instructor: Robin Wellner
Robin Wellner is an avid painter of people as well as landscapes and Plein air. Her fascination with painting faces has to lead her to numerous national awards and inclusion in national shows with the American Women Artists, Oil Painters of America, and Richeson 75 Figure and Portrait International Show. She maintains a practice of painting from life on a weekly basis in Charlotte, NC where she and her husband reside. Her training evolved from Fine Arts in college to numerous workshops with renowned artists such as Dawn Whitelaw, Robert Liberace, Rich Nelson, Chris Saper, and numerous others.
Robin loves teaching. She loves nothing more than seeing the lights go on for a student when they “get it” in a workshop. She’s taught numerous Portrait workshops in the last 3 years on her own as well as for Florence Thomas Art School in West Jefferson, NC.
Her focus includes figurative and portraits painting as well as plein air landscapes. Her awards include:
• Emerging Artist Finalist in Artmuse Contest February 2019
• Finalist in Gateway International Contest February 2019
• Juried into AWA National Museum Show, June 2019
• Group Show, Blowing Rock Frameworks and Gallery 2018
• Accepted into OPA’s Salon Show 2018
• Accepted into AWA’s Spring Online Show 2018
• Finalist in the Best and Brightest, Scottsdale Art School 2018
• Finalist in the Richeson 75 Figure and Portrait 2017 Show
• Meritorious Richeson 75 Figure and Portrait 2017 Show
• Accepted in American Women Artist’s Juried Online Spring 2017 Show
• Accepted into the Oil Painters of America’s National Exhibition 2016
• Finalist Richeson 75/ Figure and Portrait Show 2016
• Meritorious Richeson 75/Figure and Portrait Show 2016
• Meritorious Richeson 75/Animal, Birds and Wildlife 2016
• Selected to participate in the Mint Museum “Art in the Garden”2016,2017
• Finalist American Women Artists National Juried Show 2015, Meritorious Recognition
• Finalist American Women Artists 2015 Online Show
• Selected for Carolina’s Got Art Elder Gallery 2015
• Selected as one of 30 artists to participate in the 2015 Piedmont Paint Out Plein Air Event. Received “Artists
• Finalist in the Richeson 75/Figure and Portrait Show 2015
• Honorable Mention, “Colton’s Choice” award and “People’s Choice” Award, Matthews Art Guild, 2015 Matthews
• Finalist in the Artist’s Magazine 2014 Over 60 Competition
• Finalist in the Richeson 75/ Animals Birds and Wildlife 2013