Joslyn & the Sweet Compression come to Lynchburg, VA for an outdoor show at the Pacific Life Parking Lot for our Sunset on 7th Series. Overlooking Downtown Lynchburg and the Academy Center of the Arts’ mural, this venue offers a picturesque setting for an evening of live music through the summer of 2021. This event is being held as a celebration to our essential workers, with a number of available tickets being donated back to healthcare workers, educators, and essential workers in our community.
Doors open at 5PM. Music starts at 6:30PM with Ahkeem Tha DJ and Solacoustix.
Limited Party Pod and General Admission tickets are on sale for this event.
Party Pod: $150.00 plus City of Lynchburg Amusement Tax
A limited number of pods are available per show. Pods may accommodate up to 10 guests maximum and offer guests a private pod section with preferred seating for stage viewing, access to private bar and restrooms, and the ability to order ice-down and stocked drink coolers pre-show and day of show
Advanced General Admission Ticket: $15.00 plus City of Lynchburg Amusement Tax
Day-Of General Admission Ticket: $20.00, including City of Lynchburg Amusement Tax
For more information or to purchase tickets to this performance, contact our Box Office at (434) 846-8499.
Sunset on 7th Event Rules:
- Tickets will be sold in Party Pod configurations AND General Admission
- A limited number of pods are available per show. Pods may accommodate up to 10 guests maximum and offer guests a private pod section with preferred seating for stage viewing, access to private bar and restrooms, and ability to order party pod drink coolers pre-show and day of show
- Tents, umbrellas, canopies, and pop-up shades may not be brought into the venue. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs, as well as ponchos
- Outside coolers of beverages, and/or beverage containers are not allowed
- Food will not be served on-site, however, outside snacks and food are allowed on-site
- No re-entry allowed
- No will call available. All ticket-holding guests must bring print-at-home ticket or show their ticket on their mobile phones for scanning
- Guests will be carded and banded for purchasing alcohol sales at the entrance
- Non-vaccinated guests are encouraged to socially-distance and mask while queuing for beverages, restrooms, and merchandise
- Venue security will enforce ground rules, which will follow current CDC and State of Virginia guidelines for outdoor events
- This event is rain or shine. The Academy Center of the Arts will do its best to keep you updated through our website close to each event on the weather forecast for the evening of each concert. Events will only be canceled if the weather is severe and unsafe. Severe weather would be defined as, but not limited to; wind, thunder and/or lightning, flooding, or a tornado watch/warning. The safety of our guests, performers, and staff are our main priority in the event of severe weather. The decision to cancel a concert will not be made until the scheduled concert time or shortly thereafter and with the safety of all those in attendance in mind. Please note that refunds will not be available for weather-based issues.
- Dogs are not allowed to accompany their owners to this event unless they are a service animal. All dogs will be turned away at the gate
- Note that this show is NOT a drive-in event. Ticket buyers will enter the venue physically to attend this event.
Supported by the BWXT Access Program
Know Before You Go:
Have a question about Sunset On 7th? Check out some of our FAQs below.
Where can I purchase tickets?
Tickets can be purchased online at academycenter.org or at the gate. Cash and credit/debit cards will be accepted. All ticket sales are final and there are NO REFUNDS.
Where can I park?
A parking map of #DowntownLynchburg can be found by visiting: http://www.downtownlynchburg.com/parking/. Free public parking is located throughout downtown Lynchburg.
Where do I enter?
The entrance to the Pacific Life Parking lot is located on 7th Street, between Main Street and Commerce Street.
Need better direction? Google Maps us → https://bit.ly/2R4HpqE
Do I need to print off my ticket?
Guests will need to have their ticket, either printed or shown on the phone, for entry. There is no will call available.
Is seating provided?
Attendees should plan to bring their own chairs, blankets, or stand during the performances. Tents, canopies, pop-up sunshades, and umbrellas are not permitted. This is NOT a drive-in concert. Ticket buyers will enter the venue physically to attend this event.
Where are the Party Pods placed?
Academy Center of the Arts staff will direct your group to the correct pod on the left side of the venue. Each pod will be comprised of TWO parking spots to allow for more space and social distancing between attendee groups.
Where is General Admission placed?
General admission will be admitted to the right side of the venue, split between the two decks of the Pacific Life Parking Lot. GA guests are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs, as well as ponchos. Tents, umbrellas, and canopies are not allowed.
What COVID-19 policies are in place?
The safety of our guests, artists, staff, and volunteers is of the utmost importance to us. Because of this, the following policies are in place: All beverages and merchandise will be sold on-site. Non-vaccinated guests are encouraged to socially-distance while queuing for beverages, restrooms, and merchandise. Staff and volunteers will be masked on-site.
Can I bring in outside food/alcohol?
No outside beverages will be permitted at this event. Outside food is permitted. Bag and cooler checks will take place at the entry to ensure guests are not bringing in outside beverages.
How do I buy beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)?
Drinks will be purchased at the bar via cash or card. An ID check will take place at the entrance, and guests will be banded for purchasing alcohol. Two bars will be open on-site selling both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Guests will be asked to socially distance themselves while in line for the bar. Signage will be on-site noting proper distancing between groups.
Is the event kid-friendly?
We encourage attendees of all ages to attend this event!
Can I bring my dog?
Dogs are not allowed to accompany their owners unless it is a service animal. All dogs and their owners will be turned away at the gate without refunds.
What if it rains?
The concert is rain or shine, which means that it will only be canceled if the weather is severe or unsafe for our guests, performers, and staff. Examples of ‘severe/unsafe’ weather include (but are not limited to): wind, thunder/lightning, heavy rain or flooding, and/or tornado watch/warnings. With that in mind, the decision to cancel a concert will not be made until the scheduled concert time or shortly thereafter.
For more information, visit academycenter.org/event/sunset-7th-joslyn/