Join instructor Brooke Spencer in this week-long online theatre camp to learn various skills in theatre special topics.
Topics of discussion:
1. What is a monologue/Where to find one/How to write one
2. Character development—tips and tricks
3. Voice onstage—diction, projection, annunciation, articulation, etc.
4. Faces onstage—how to emit emotion properly
5. “The moment before” which is an important acting technique especially for monologues
6. The differences and similarities between drama and comedy
Instructor: Brooke Spencer
Brooke Spencer is a young theater teacher, director and stage manager from Forest, Virginia, who holds a Bachelor’s in Theater Arts Education and a Master’s in Educational Leadership. She spends most of her time working on theater contracts but when not in rehearsal, she is most likely hanging out with family or her sweet golden retriever puppy, Winnifred. Brooke has had the privilege of working on over 50 shows in Central Virginia, including many Alluvion Stage Company productions and several shows for The Academy Center for the Arts. This year, she is directing three productions at the Academy and recently she joined the faculty at New Covenant Schools where she teaches middle school theater.