Facilities Access Program
The Academy Center of the Arts’ mission is to serve our community through arts and culture. To ensure the accessibility of our organization and our facilities, we have created an application for non-profit organizations, groups, and individuals who are unable to afford our standard rental rates. The Academy Center of the Arts has limited funding to provide discounted rentals, so we will do our best to provide discounts for those who truly need it.
For questions, contact Sarah Proctor, Special Events and Corporate Rentals Manager, at [email protected].
Supported by the BWXT Access Program
This program is designed to allow those working on shoestring budgets and lacking adequate physical spaces have access to the Academy Center of the Arts’ venues. As such, organizations with ample resources or physical facilities are not eligible to apply.
In addition, the Academy will prioritize applicants who have previously had little to no involvement with our organization prior. We are committed to building relationships with new and underrepresented segments of our community.
Applicants for a discounted rental must fall within at least one of the categories below:
- Arts and Culture: producing an experience which promotes or facilitates creativity
- Human Services: providing a resource which meets the needs of the community
- Education: sharing insight on a topic to broaden the knowledge of others
The Facilities Access Program provides discounts to our standard rental rates, found here.
Strong applications can receive substantial discounts off their rental rates if approved by the Outreach and Task Force Committee. Please keep this in mind before you apply to ensure that you have budgeted appropriately. Free rentals are extremely rare and are not available for the Historic Theatre. The goal of this program is to offer partial discounts.
Applying for the Facilities Access Program
Applications are reviewed by the Academy’s Outreach and Task Force. This task force is comprised of Academy board members, staff, and outside community members. Ten questions compose the discounted rental application. Questions are divided into three categories, Program Overview/Logistics, Applicant Need, and Community Value. Each section can be reduced to three essential questions below. Strong applications will clearly articulate answers to these questions.
In addition, applicants should note the following prior to filling out the application below:
- All applicants must first, contact Sarah Proctor, Special Events and Corporate Rentals Manager, at [email protected]. to check the availability of the space(s) for requested dates
- Applicants must complete all required fields in the digital form below to apply
- The strongest applications will answer the application questions thoroughly with appropriate length and depth
- Applicants should apply at least 90 – 120 days before a possible rental
- By submitting, the applicant understands that staff will review applications on a monthly basis
- A completed application does not guarantee the use of our spaces or your approval for the program
- An ACOA staff member will email applicants to follow-up post submission
Note: Summer rental opportunities are greatly limited due to the Academy’s youth summer theatre camps.