The Up Front Gallery is located at 600 Main Street. Exhibits change monthly.
“Ciao Sicilia, Paintings from Sicily” by Cleveland Morris
First Friday, May 7, 5-8 PM
Cleveland Morris is an artist and teacher living in Staunton, VA. He specializes in still-life painting, drawing, and travel sketching. Since 1999, he has had 26
solo exhibits and has participated in more than 30 group shows.
His paintings have won numerous awards and have found their way into major collections. He has taught drawing and painting at Southern Virginia University, Stuart Hall, and the Beverley Street Studio School in Staunton, where he also serves on the Advisory Board. He has developed regional and international tours for BSSS, including four sold-out trips to Sicily and two to Naples and the Amalfi Coast.
He is a graduate of Yale University, the University of Manchester, and the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School. Prior to becoming a full-time artist, he enjoyed a long and rewarding career in the theatre.
A complete bio and full resume are available upon request.
Monday-Friday, 12:00pm-5:00pm and Saturdays by appointment. Request an appointment here. All spaces are fully handicap accessible.
Annual National Juried Art Cash Awards
April 3 - May 1
First Friday, April 2, 5-8 PM
- Best in Show: $1000 - “Grand Piroutte” Digital Vector Image by Stephen Carpenter of North Bay, NY
- 2nd Place Award: $700 - “Clitopilus” - Acrylic, Collage & Mixed Media by Katie St. Clair of Davidson, NC
- 3rd Place Award: $500 - “Mother Earth”, Woodcut, by Jill Jensen of Lynchburg, VA
- Juror’s Choice Award: $300 - “Ghosted” Oil on Canvas by Sunny Goode of Richmond, VA
- Juror’s Choice Award: $250 - “Lost” Oil on Canvas by Rick Morrow of Charlottesville, VA
- Juror’s Choice Award: $150 - “Prism”, Stainless Steel, by Richard Whitehill of Earlysville, VA
- Juror’s Choice Award: $150 - “Footsteps #17” Soft Pastel, by Linda Brown of Rocky River, Ohio
- Juror’s Choice Award: $125 - “The Return of Love”, Mixed Media on Canvas, Kevin Chadwick, Lynchburg
- Juror’s Choice Award: $100 - “Keep a Weathered Eye”, Charcoal Ink, by Kaitlyn Houston of Floyd, VA
- Juror’s Choice Award: $100 - “Unruffled”, Oil on Panel, by Lynne Goodwin of Lynchburg, VA
- Juror’s Choice Award: $100 - “Erogenous”, Modern Media, by James Michael Huffer of Tucson, Arizona