Health & Safety Guidelines
At the Academy Center of the Arts, the health and safety of our patrons, staff, performers, and volunteers is our priority. Like you, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 and its current impact on our community. Enhanced health and safety measures, as well as new requirements for entry, are in place to protect the health and well-being of audiences attending live performances. Here’s what you need to know.
Enhanced Cleaning Our team is cleaning and sanitizing the venue, giving extra attention to high-touch areas, before, during, and after each event.
HVAC Improvements The Historic Academy Theatre exceeds CDC requirements as all air handling units are equipped with UV-C lights and MERV 16 rated filters, providing an air change of six times per hour. The high-volume air handling units for the Warehouse Theatre are equipped with MERV 16 filters and provide an air change of over 7 times per hour.
Physical Distancing We’ve enhanced our venue entry system to allow for more space in the lobby areas and when queuing
- All guests will be directed into the Historic Academy Theatre through one of TWO entrances, depending upon which level you are seated for the performance for increased distancing among patrons in areas where queuing occurs
- Both entrances allow access to restrooms, concessions, and the Box Office
Ticketing We’ve gone digital! You will scan your digital ticket, found attached as a PDF to your order confirmation email, to gain entry. Print your ticket at home or show your ticket on your mobile device for scanning.
Our delivery methods are as follows:
- Print at Home: This option allows you to print your tickets at home or access them on a mobile device via email.
- Box Office Pick Up: You may stop by our Box Office, Monday through Friday, 12:00pm – 5:00pm, and have us print your tickets for you.
- Will Call Pick Up: If your tickets are being held at Will Call, you can collect them inside the lobby at the Box Office counter.
We ask that any visitors exhibiting signs of illness, fever, or those in direct contact with the COVID-19 virus stay home. Any patrons with tickets to an Academy performance that do not wish to comply with our policies may receive a credit for their performance through our Box Office, M-F, 12PM – 5PM, by phone at (434) 846-8499 or by email at [email protected]
Know Before You Go
Face Masks for our Team All team members and volunteers are encouraged to wear a face mask while on-site. In addition to this, the Academy team is fully vaccinated.
Guest Face Mask Policy Following current CDC guidelines for high-transmission areas, the Academy Center of the Arts is encouraging that all patrons entering the Academy Center of the Arts’ facilities for Academy ticketed performances, classes, and gallery activities wear a face mask.
Performer Face Mask Policy varies per artist requirement. Performers may be masked and/or unmasked throughout the duration of the performance depending on artist requirement.
Please note that Rentals and Resident Companies Face Mask Policy varies for performances held at the Academy Center of the Arts’ facilities. Please note specific policies per Rental or Resident Company by clicking the Health & Safety Guidelines dropdown menu on each event page pictured below.
Upcoming Events that Require COVID-19 Vaccination OR Proof of Negative COVID-19 Diagnostic test result
At least one form of COVID-19 vaccination proof or COVID-19 diagnostic negative test result must be presented in order to enter the theatre. If you cannot produce one of these requirements, we will take your name and issue a credit to your account on the Monday following the show.
Acceptable forms of COVID-19 vaccination proof are…
- Physical COVID-19 vaccination card.
- A picture on your phone or mobile device.
- Patrons can also log in to vdh.virginia.gov on their personal device to access their COVID vaccination record.
- Patrons who have an iPhone may add their vaccination card to their Apple Wallet. Learn more by visiting support.apple.com.
COVID-19 diagnostic negative test result…
- A dated COVID-19 diagnostic test (lab or rapid) must be taken 72 hours in advance at an appropriate testing site (CVS, Walgreens, etc.).
Do Your Part
Follow the Guidelines Please be respectful of the artists, our staff, and your fellow patrons by following all health and safety guidelines.
Postponed, Canceled, or Rescheduled Events
Click here for information on events affected by COVID-19.