Health & Safety Guidelines
At the Academy Center of the Arts, the health and safety of our patrons, staff, performers, and volunteers is our priority. Like you, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 and its current impact on our community. Enhanced health and safety measures, as well as new requirements for entry, are in place to protect the health and well-being of audiences attending live performances. Here’s what you need to know.
Enhanced Cleaning Our team is cleaning and sanitizing the venue, giving extra attention to high-touch areas, before, during, and after each event.
HVAC Improvements The Historic Academy Theatre exceeds CDC requirements as all air handling units are equipped with UV-C lights and MERV 16 rated filters, providing an air change of six times per hour. The high-volume air handling units for the Warehouse Theatre are equipped with MERV 16 filters and provide an air change of over 7 times per hour.
Physical Distancing We’ve enhanced our venue entry system to allow for more space in the lobby areas and when queuing
- All guests will be directed into the Historic Academy Theatre through one of TWO entrances, depending upon which level you are seated for the performance for increased distancing among patrons in areas where queuing occurs
- Both entrances allow access to restrooms, concessions, and the Box Office
Digital Ticketing No more will call. We’ve gone digital! You will scan your digital ticket, found attached as a PDF to your order confirmation email, to gain entry. Print your ticket at home or show your ticket on your mobile device for scanning.
Know Before You Go
Face Masks for our Team All team members and volunteers will wear a face mask while on-site. In addition to requiring staff to mask while on-site, the Academy team is fully vaccinated.
Guest Face Mask Policy Following current CDC guidelines for high-transmission areas, the Academy Center of the Arts is requiring all patrons entering the Academy Center of the Arts’ facilities for Academy ticketed performances, classes, and gallery activities to wear a face mask.
- Guests must remain masked at all times, however, masks can be removed momentarily only when eating or drinking.
- Mask must fit snugly and cover the wearer’s nose and mouth.
- Masks will be readily available in our lobbies and galleries for patrons in need.
Upcoming Events that Require COVID-19 Vaccination OR Proof of Negative COVID-19 Diagnostic test result
- 10/21 – VIP Meet & Greet ONLY Justin Willman from Netflix’s “Magic For Humans” In Person
- 11/12 & 11/14 – Opera on the James Presents: Rossini’s Barber of Seville
- 11/20 – The Princess Bride: An Inconceivable Evening with Cary Elwes
Do Your Part
Follow the Guidelines Please be respectful of the artists, our staff, and your fellow patrons by following all health and safety guidelines.
Postponed, Canceled, or Rescheduled Events
Click here for information on events affected by COVID-19.