Interested in interning at the Academy Center of the Arts? Internships at the Academy provide hands-on experiences through special projects and individualized attention by department staff.
Internships are offered in most of the Academy’s departments, including marketing, visual arts, development, education, operations, technical theatre, and more.
Interning with the Academy:
Who can Apply:
- High school students
- Undergraduate students
- Graduate students
- Recent graduated (up to 2 years out of school)
- International students (must have J-1 or F-1 visa)
How to Apply:
- Fill out internship form linked below
- Course credit (not required)
- Free tickets to select performances
- Tours of the Academy’s venues and campus
- Academy Center of the Arts swag
- Networking events with other interns
- Marketing and Communications
- Community Outreach
- Visual Arts
- Programming and Education
- Box Office and Ticketing
- May I apply for more than one internship?
- Are your internships compensated
- Interns are compensated with college credit and/or volunteer hours
- Do I need to have a car?
- We encourage you to bring a car if you are able to. Public transportation is available in Lynchburg, but not entirely reliable. Transportation to and from work and performances will be the responsibility of the intern.