by Morgan Yeatts
The Academy Center of the Arts is proud to be presenting the sixth annual Lynchstock Music Festival! Since its beginning, Lynchstock has been one of the most attended and loved events in Lynchburg. This year, the festival will be held in the fall rather than the spring, on the 20th of October, a Lynchstock Music Festival first. It’s the perfect opportunity to break out the flannels and kick the fall vibes into high gear!
This year’s lineup is one of the best yet, with headliners COIN and Dr. Dog. There will be a wide variety of artists representing numerous genres, including many of Lynchburg’s own talented bands and artists. A few Lynchstock veterans, Joel Robert Kaiser and Vacation Manor, will also be returning to their hometown for this exciting day of music and community. Other artists include The Dundies, Oceanic, L.A. Dies, Apple Butter Soul, Tony Camm and the Funk Allstars, and many others!
For those of you who have attended Lynchstock in the past, you already know what goes down at this amazing event, from the performances, food trucks, local vendors, spoken word poetry, and inspiring vibe. However, if you’re a newcomer to Lynchstock, here are a few things you can expect:
- There will be insanely amazing food trucks present, so be sure to wear stretchy pants and eat your weight in pizza, ice cream, and other great food
- You’re going to discover unbelievable artists who are new to you, local and otherwise, so be sure to hit up their tables for merch and CDs, and check them out on Spotify
- This is a family friendly event, so bring your kiddos! Childrens 12 & under can go to Lynchstock for FREE
- Local businesses and vendors will have tents for you to visit, so you’ll have an incredible opportunity to support your local economy and the small business community
- Lynchstock is an all day event, 11am-11pm, so you can enjoy a full day of festival activities
Lynchstock is an incredible opportunity for the community to come together and enjoy music, food, and togetherness in the heart of Downtown Lynchburg. The festival will again be held at the Riverfront Park, directly adjacent to Downtown Lynchburg.
“We love the energy and spirit of downtown Lynchburg, especially the areas surrounding Riverfront Park,” said Jonathan Smalt, one of Lynchstock’s founders. “We believe this area is the future of downtown activity, and we’re proud to be a part of it”.
Tickets are available at the gate, or in advance online at academycenter.org/event/lynchstock-music-festival-2018, or at the Box Office located at 519 Commerce St. or by phone (434) 846-8499. All ticket sales for this event are final.