At the Academy Center of the Arts, the health and safety of our patrons, staff, performers, and volunteers is our priority. Like you, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 and its current impact on our community, and are following CDC guidelines and recommendations from local authorities and the Virginia Department of Health.
In response to current CDC recommendations, the requests of our performing artists, and to protect our community, everyone entering the Academy Center of the Arts’ facilities for Academy ticketed performances, classes, and gallery activities will be required to wear a face mask.
- Guests must remain masked at all times, however, masks can be removed momentarily only when eating or drinking.
- Mask must fit snugly and cover the wearer’s nose and mouth.
- Masks will be readily available in our lobbies, galleries, and classrooms for patrons in need.
Any patrons with tickets to an Academy performance that do not wish to comply with this policy may receive a full refund through our Box Office, M-F, 12PM – 5PM, by phone at (434) 846-8499 or by email at [email protected]
For events presented by our resident or community organizations at our venues, refund and/or exchange policies will be determined by those presenting organizations. For more information, contact the presenting organization directly or call our Box Office at (434) 846-8499.
In addition to requiring all patrons, staff, and volunteers to mask while on-site, we are taking additional measures to ensure the health and safety of our guests.
- All Academy staff members are fully vaccinated
- Allocation of additional staff time and resources committed to ensuring our facilities are routinely disinfected
- Hand sanitizing stations in performance spaces, entrances, concessions areas, restrooms, building exits, and classrooms
- Nanoseptic Self-Cleaning surfaces on key touchpoints on campus
- Increased sanitization and Electrostatic cleaning measures by facilities and concessions staff before, during, and after performances and classes
- The Historic Academy Theatre air handling units are equipped with UV-C lights and MERV 16 rated filters, providing an air change of six times per hour exceeding CDC requirements
The Academy Center of the Arts asks that any visitors exhibiting signs of illness, fever, or those in direct contact with the COVID-19 virus choose to stay home.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we remain committed to protecting the health and safety of our community and the Artists that visit our venues.
For additional questions, please email or call our Box Office, open 12PM – 5PM Monday through Friday by phone at (434) 846-8499.