The Academy Center of the Arts has just released the full 19-20 schedule of Metropolitan Opera Broadcasts, to be shown in the Historic Academy Theatre, 524 Main St., beginning October 2019. These programs are presented in collaboration with sponsor Foster Fuels and partner Opera on the James.
In addition to the broadcasts, audiences are invited to join staff, board members, and representatives of the Opera on the James for pre-screening talks, beginning one hour prior to the screening at 11:55am. Each pre-screening talk will focus on the presented opera of the day, as well as relevant topics.
The 19-20 Metropolitan Opera Broadcast schedule at the Historic Academy Theatre is as follows:
- Turandot (Puccini)- Saturday, October 19, 2019 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Manon (Massenet)- Sunday, October 27, 2019 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Madama Butterfly (Puccini)- Saturday, November 9, 2019 12:55 PM (Live)
- Akhnaten (Glass)- Sunday, November 24, 2019 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Holiday Encore- Magic Flute (Mozart)- Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Wozzeck (Berg)- Sunday, January 19, 2020 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Porgy and Bess (Gershwin)- Saturday, February 1, 2020 12:55 PM (Live)
- Argippina (Handel)- Saturday, February 29, 2020 12:55 PM (Live)
- Der Fliegende Hollander (Wagner)- Sunday, March 15, 2020 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Tosca (Puccini)- Sunday, April 19, 2020 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
- Maria Stuarda (Donizetti)- Sunday, May 10, 2020 12:55 PM (Rebroadcast)
Subscribe to Multiple Shows & Save: