On Wednesday, our organization released a statement regarding the additional measures our staff is taking towards the potential impact of COVID-19 in our community.
Today, in the interest of the health and welfare of our patrons, staff, volunteers, and performers, the Academy Center of the Arts has postponed all public performances through April 15, 2020.
This includes the following performances:
- Brooklyn Rider Quartet with Maeve Gilchrist, March 14 – Canceled
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, March 14 and 15 – Canceled
- Amherst Habitat for Humanity: Working on a Building 2020 – March 21 – Canceled
- Met Opera Live in HD: Der Fliegende Hollander, March 14 – Canceled
- Empty Bowls, March 20 – Rescheduled to August 29, 2020
- Opera on the James: Barber of Seville, March 27 and 29 – Canceled
- Lynchburg Symphony Orchestra: Lynchburg’s Finest – Reschedule date TBD
- Ladies of Laughter, April 4 – Reschedule date TBD
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live!, April 5 – Reschedule date TBD
- In the Light of Led Zeppelin, April 10 – Reschedule date TBD
This decision is in line with public health guidelines regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), as well as by the urgence of local and state authorities to limit large public events, effective immediately. While it’s disappointing to cancel upcoming events, we look forward to coming together again as a community when the time is right.
At this time, our educational classes are also being suspended for the next two weeks, following an executive order by Governor Ralph Northam on March 13, 2020, in conjunction with the policies of the Lynchburg City School systems. Eduction participants will be updated as the situation evolves.
Our gallery spaces will remain open during this time.
Would you consider turning the value of your ticket purchase into a donation during this fragile period for the Academy? A large portion of our annual revenue is generated through ticket sales and is critical to our ability to impact our community. If you would like to donate back, contact Meredith Whetsell, Chief Development Officer by email or by phone at (434) 528-3256 x117, or reply to this email directly.
Box Office staff at the Academy Center of the Arts will refund tickets at the point of purchase, beginning Tuesday, March 24, 2020. Patrons purchasing with credit cards will be automatically refunded to the card used. Patrons that purchased with cash or check will be contacted by Box Office staff within ten (10) business days to arrange a refund. Please note, ticket refund policies may vary for presenting organization and Residency partners.
To speak with a Box Office representative, please call (434) 846-8499.
While we hope to continue to bring arts and cultural activities to our community, the health and safety of the public is of the utmost importance. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update all ticket holders as it evolves. For the most up-to-date information, we will utilize email, as well as post on our website, Facebook, and Instagram pages.
Finally, we would like to thank you for your patience, understanding, and support of our organization during this time.
For additional questions, please call (434) 846-8499.