Warehouse Theatre and Lobby
The Joy and Lynch Christian Warehouse Theatre is located at the corner of Fifth St. and Commerce St., and is the home of the Academy Center of the Arts’ box office, the Warehouse Theatre space, art studio, and education classrooms. The lobby of the Warehouse Theatre also hosts the Arts and Education Gallery, with artwork that rotates monthly.
The Warehouse Theatre hosts a variety of events and rentals, from theatre and dance, to live music, conferences, and proms. The 5,000 square foot space seats up to 300 patrons in our risers, 600 persons standing room, and 300 seated banquet style, with the ability to create additional layouts for rentals and special events.
Parking at the Joy and Lynch Christian Warehouse Theatre is limited, but there are numerous free and paid parking options within walking distance to the Academy.
For more information on parking and directions, visit this link.
- 280 Persons Seated
- 500 Persons Standing
- 88 persons during a performance using risers
- 30 -90 persons during an event with tables and chairs, depending on the configuration
- Seating capacity: up to 372
- Standing room capacity: up to 700
- Room dimensions: 73’2.5″ x 71’8.5″
- Loading area: can accommodate 1 vehicle
- Backstage spaces: dressing room facilities to accommodate up to 20 performers
- Black box lighting grid
- Catering kitchen available
- Front projection system available
- Use of Theatre and/or Lobby
- Basic Lighting and Sound Package
- Use of some Dressing Rooms and Backstage Areas
- Use of Bathrooms
- Use of Catering Kitchen
- Use of Coat Check Area
- Wifi Access
- Add on:
- Use of chairs, tables, specialty event needs
- Specialty/Advanced Lighting or Sound
- Use of Projector
- Concessions and Bar