Academy Membership is directly linked to the success of the Academy Center of the Arts, and is the channel through which we can provide community members – donors, ticket buyers, students, parents, families, and local businesses – a variety of arts and cultural opportunities.
As a nonprofit organization dedicated to the greater good, the Academy Center of the Arts is reliant on support from people like you. Many are surprised to learn that ticket sales only cover half of the cost to operate our Historic Theatre, Warehouse Theatre, classroom spaces, and galleries.
When you become an Academy Member, you enjoy perks and privileges that accompany the satisfaction in knowing that your generosity is making a lasting impact on the community.
Individuals who make an Annual Fund donation of $75 or more receive one of seven Academy Memberships from one year from the date of the gift. Members may move to higher levels by donating additional funds.
Become an Academy Member today and support the arts in your community!
Your Guide to Member Benefits
- Advance notice of “Academy Presents” events
- 1 day advance access to purchase “Academy Presents” tickets
- 2 complimentary popcorn vouchers
- Recognition on Academy website
- Academy Member Magnet
- All of the benefits from Level 1, plus
- Recognition in Academy Quarterly Playbill
- Recognition in Academy Annual Report
- Open Studio Pottery Hours: Enrolled Pottery Students can attend 24 open studio sessions per 12 months (excludes clay and firing costs)
- All of the benefits from Level 2, plus
- 2 day advance access to purchase “Academy Presents” tickets
- 50% off beverages at Academy Presents events
- Open Studio Pottery Hours: Pottery Students (current or previous) can attend unlimited open studio sessions (excludes clay and firing costs
- Invitation to pop-up pottery workshops with guest instructors
- All the benefits from Level 3, plus
- 3 day advance access to purchase Academy Presents tickets
- Invitation to receptions in Member Lounge for select “Academy Presents” events with complimentary beverages provided
- All the benefits of Level 4, plus
- 4 day advance access to purchase Academy Presents tickets
- Complimentary beverages at Academy Presents events
- Invitation to Annual Perennial Society reception
- First invitation to annual Academy Gala
- All the benefits of Level 5, plus
- First refusal to preferred seats in Historic Academy Theatre for Academy Presents events
- 10% rental discount for event space
- 15% discount on Academy in Motion bus rental
- All the benefits of Level 6, plus
- Artist Meet and Greet opportunities, when offered
- Concierge ticketing services
- Ticket exchange opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
Most Academy memberships are completely tax deductible. Always consult with a tax professional
Memberships may be paid in full via check, debit, or credit card at the time of joining or renewal. Members may also choose to pay their commitment monthly, over the course of one year, through automatic debit or credit card payments.
Your membership will end one year after becoming a Member of the Academy. A member of our team will contact you before your membership expires to discuss renewal options.
Yes! Members may move between levels by donating additional funds.
Call (434) 528-3256 x116, visit us online at academycenter.org, or email our team at [email protected] for more information.