The Academy Center of the Arts’ dedicated volunteers are an integral part of our success! It’s this core group of dedicated community members who make it possible for the Academy to offer meaningful art experiences for adults and children alike.
Volunteers are needed daily. Some volunteer positions require an ongoing commitment, while others are one-time activities or on-call positions.
The Academy strives to place volunteer applicants of all ages, backgrounds, and interests into appropriate assignments and encourages intergenerational, family, and group volunteering.
Service Hours / Course Credit
Students with community service hour requirements for school or service organizations may fulfill their commitment at the Academy. Students may also fulfill course credit through volunteering.
How You Can Help
- Help with our annual fundraising events
- Be a host at First Fridays by greeting guests or serving wine
- Serve as event support for shows throughout the year, and, as thanks, see shows for free
- Help with theatre productions behind the scenes with set design, lightboard, soundboard, painting, and carpentry
- Serve as a summer theatre camp helper
- Assist at Academy in Motion community events
- Become a weekly front desk receptionist
- Assist us as support for large administrative mailings
- Hanging up posters for Academy events throughout Lynchburg
- Take photos of Academy events, programs, and shows
Volunteer Interest Form
"*" indicates required fields